Minnesota angler's ten-pound, 14-ounce salmon breaks 53-year-old record

 The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources announced that an angler on Lake Superior caught a massive 10-pound, 14-ounce coho salmon, setting a new state record that had remained unbroken for 53 years.



According to the department, David Cichosz was participating in a charter fishing excursion in St. Louis County when he hooked the substantial salmon, shattering a record that had been established in 1970.


Cichosz mentioned that it was his spouse, Chris Sky, who first noticed his fishing rod was in motion.


"I swiftly seized it and embarked on a challenging struggle. I continually asked myself, 'Am I making any progress with this fish?'" Cichosz recounted to the DNR. "Once the fish breached the water's surface, our captain's reaction made it evident that we had a substantial catch."


The fish's record-breaking dimensions were confirmed through weighing on a certified scale in Duluth.


"I'm grateful for this record, but ultimately, I'm content to share the pleasure of angling with new acquaintances and fellow anglers, all while being on the lake with my wife," Cichosz expressed.

 

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form